The Josephine Police Department is currently accepting applications for a full-time officer position.
Certified officers who are looking to be part of a community oriented police department with a friendly working atmosphere, as well as work in a small but growing rural community, are encouraged to fill out a Personal History Statement.
Click here to download our Personal History Statement form.
A complete Personal History Statement and current Resume may be e-mailed to Police_Department_Jobs@cityofjosephinetx.com for consideration.
- Must be a TCOLE Certified Peace Officer with at least two (2) years experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of hire
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school or have an equivalency certificate with at least 12 hours of college credit or have an honorable discharge from the armed forces after 24 months of active duty service
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license at the date of hire
- Be a citizen of the United States by birth or naturalization
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language
- Be of good moral character
- Must have the ability to pass all pre-employment screenings to include: an extensive background investigation, a polygraph, psychological exam, physicians physical and drug screen
- Pass oral interviews
- Shall not be prohibited from carrying a firearm or possessing ammunition
- Shall not have engaged in, received deferred adjudication or pre-trial diversion for, or have been convicted of: conduct that constitutes a Class B Misdemeanor under Penal Code or equivalent under federal law, to include the Uniform Code of Military Justice or any conduct that may be unsuitable for employment
- Health Plan including Dental Coverage (Currently Blue Cross/Blue Shield Gold)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan (Automatic participation 6% employee contribution – City matches 1.5 – 1)
- Holidays (12 days)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Uniforms provided
City of Josephine PD Pay Schedule 2017-2018 click here: Police-Pay-Scale-2018-19-Budget-Year
The position is open until filled.
The Josephine Police Department is currently accepting applications for Reserve officers.
- Two (2) years prior police experience
- Meet all current TCOLE requirements
- Hold a current valid TCOLE Peace Officer Certification
- You must be able to work 24 hours per month (preferably 8-hour shifts) on a scheduled basis
- Must supply own duty belt and a .40 Glock (22/23 preferred)
The positions are open until filled.
Please contact Personnel and Training at Police_Department_Jobs@cityofjosephinetx.com to answer any questions.